Slip, Trip, & Fall Accidents / Steps, Stairs, & Ramps
Perazzo Law Shares Falling Down Basics
Steps, stairs and ramps that are not properly designed to safeguard against a potential slip, trip or fall accident can lead to a potential personal injury accident claim for compensation in the event of bodily harm, lost wages, or wrongful death due to negligent property owners, business operators, or private and public institutions. If you, a friend, or relative has suffered a slip, trip or fall accident in Miami when walking up the steps; down a staircase, or on a ramp, there is a chance that the accident may have been prevented. Injuries that occur when climbing up the steps can result in knee or shoulder injury, which depending on the trip accident victim’s age, may require medical care. Slipping on a staircase in shopping mall can result in back injuries, which depending on the person’s physical stature, can lead to spinal cord injury. Sometimes people that slip on a wet surface in Publix may also suffer leg, hip, or shoulder injuries that may require medical attention. Any ones who’s ever been to a doctor knows what a visit to the hospital means to your budget. The elderly are most at high risk of suffering bodily injury from a slip, trip or fall accident in Miami, that is public and private business establishments must provide handrails, clearly marked steps, and level why staircases, steps, and ramps in such as shops, malls, hotels, and anywhere the elderly may. Shop entrances are a common place for trip and fall accidents.
Perazzo Law has vast experience handling slip, trip, and fall accident claims in Miami, and we know that business operators are obliged by law to make sure steps, staircases and ramp safe to walk on by being properly designed, free of obstacles, clearly marked, and well lit.
Stairs, Steps, and Ramps
Why do people fall on steps, stairs, or ramps?
The reasons may be many. The most common are these:
- A person may fall because the steps were not designed or built properly. The steps may be different sizes or distance apart incorrectly. Steps that are off, can cause an elderly or intoxicated person to miss a step and fall.
- A person might fall as a result of a physical impairment, either temporary or permanent.
- A person might fall as a result of poor lighting. Steps that are hard to see may present a potential threat to an elderly person, a toddler, or someone that is under the influence or alcohol or drugs.
- A person may fall because there was a slippery substance that causes a slip that leads to fall.
- A person might head down a ramp that has a slightly irregular slope. This may cause an elderly, or obese person to lose their balance and fall.
- A person may lose their balance and grab hold of a loose handrail. This can lead to a trip down a flight of stairs.
- A person trips and falls over something blocking walking surface.
SLIP, TRIP, OR FALL, CALL PERAZZO LAW!
PREMISES LIABILITY BASICS
Business owners and operators of public or private spaces have a legal responsibility to provide safe and adequate conditions for all those that visit their establishments. Premises Liability is based on protecting the rights of victims that suffer personal injury, loss, or wrongful death on the private or public premises of an individual or business. The Perazzo Law Firm’s Personal Injury Litigation attorneys represent those that have suffered personal injury or loss through a Slip, Trip and Fall Accident brought on by the negligence of property owners or operators. Our Miami and North Miami Beach office attorneys and staff have handled thousands of cases for clients that have suffered personal injury during everyday activities such as: grocery shopping in a supermarket, vacationing at a hotel, dining in a restaurant, riding a roller-coaster, or crossing through a parking lot. Perazzo Law has a proven track-record of providing our clients with just compensation for injuries such as: Brain Injury, Spinal Cord Injury, fractures, or other work related losses from Premises Liability situations.
These are just some of the many situations that may constitute a Premises Liability case. In every Premises Liability case, evidence is crucial to the compensation and liability outcome.
The Perazzo Law Firm considers it best to gather as much evidence as possible to help support your Premises Liability case. Here are some types of evidence the Perazzo Law Firm suggests you gather:
- Official Accident Reports
- Photographs or Video Footage
- Property Records or Lease Contracts
- Healthcare and Treatment Records
- Medical Bills Incurred
- Witness Testimonies
- Property Maintenance Records
If you or a loved-one has suffered personal injury due to the negligence of a property owner or operator, we urge you to Contact us or call (786) LAWS – 411 for your Free initial consultation with our Premises Liability attorney.