Happy Halloween in Miami – Preventing Accidents on Halloween
The Miami Personal Injury Lawyer, Jonathan Perazzo, founder at the Perazzo Law Firm, shares insight for keeping safe on Halloween.
With an array of Halloween activities and events on tap for this Halloween weekend in Miami, a personal injury lawyers perspective of what awaits for those taking part will always include staying safe and what to do in the event of an accident. Prevention during Halloween goes beyond making sure the sweets your child receives are safe to eat or that they watch out when they cross the street.
There are a number of possible pitfalls that kids and adults face during Halloween.
Some of the most common Halloween accidents include:
- Car Accidents
- Drunk Driving Accidents
- Slip & Fall Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Food Poisoning
- Criminal Activity
STAYING SAFE ON HALLOWEEN
The Miami personal injury lawyers at the Perazzo Law Firm remind Halloween lovers that it is important to stay safe and prevent accidents when possible. Accident prevention is just important to protect yourself but others as well.
Top Safety Tips
- Disinfect all candies, sweets, and packages gathered from trick or treating
- Avoid walking in the street and be extra careful crossing. Always use the crosswalk, especially at night
- Motorists should take extra precautions to watch out for trick or treaters and drive slower than usual
- Wear a facial mask to welcome trick or treaters
- Hold Halloween parties outdoors or well-ventilated spaces
- Avoid large crowds at someone’s door
- Don’t stay out to late and avoid poorly lit areas
When involved in one of the above accident situations on Halloween, the accident victim must determine if he/she was at fault for any injuries sustained. In a car accident on Halloween, the accident victim will have to report the accident immediately to the police. Many times, the driver at fault for the car accident will be intoxicated, as Halloween is one of the most festive occasions, and following the COVID-19 pandemic, Halloween will be a very joyous moment this year.
Advice for preventing car accidents on Halloween:
- Do not drink and drive
- Do not get in the car with intoxicated drivers
- Refrain from driving in poorly lit areas
- Make sure the vehicle you drive is in good shape
- Hire a rideshare service such as Uber, Lyft, Arro, Curb, etc.
If you, a friend, or relative has been injured in an accident on Halloween and are looking for a Miami Personal Injury lawyer, CONTACT the Perazzo Law Firm ONLINE now or CALL (786) LAWS-411 for a FREE initial consultation to find out a possible insurance claim for compensation to cover medical expenses and losses.