IN MIAMI, THE PERAZZO LAW FIRM SHARES INSIGHT ON PREVENTING AND DEALING WITH MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENTS IN MIAMI-DADE, BROWARD, AND ORANGE COUNTY
Hurt in a motorcycle accident because of to the negligence of the driver of a car or truck? Motorcycle riders are the most at risk of being injured in an accident every time they take to avenues, streets, and highways. The Miami motorcycle accident lawyer Jonathan Perazzo, founder at the Perazzo Law Firm, has vast experience dealing with motorcycle accidents and achieving fair compensation for his clients injured in motorcycle accidents.
The Reasons why you should hire a Miami Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Because motorcycle riders are not bound by law to have insurance, after a motorcycle accident, Miami lawyers know that many motorcycle riders and passengers may not be able to cover the medical expenses required to treat any bodily harm incurred from the accident. Thus, hiring the best motorcycle accident lawyer in Miami is fundamental to filing an accident and insurance claim for compensation to assist in covering medical costs and any other losses as result of the accident. Most often, motorcycle accident victims suffer bodily injuries that prevent them from returning back to work immediately following the accident given that the common injuries incurred can result in any of the following:
- Fractures or breaks
- Strains or sprains
- Bruises or lacerations
- Head and neck injuries
- Surgical intervention
What a motorcycle accident lawyer in Miami will do for their motorcycle accident client?
- Help to determine liability for the accident
- Deal with medical bills by seeking compensation from the at-fault driver’s insurance provider
- Suggest quality medical care and the best facilities for dealing with injuries and recovery
- Battle the insurance company of the vehicle/s at fault
- Establish a case based on facts and obtain money from those at fault
- Fight for just compensation to cover injuries and losses
How will an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer in Miami set the tone for a successful accident claim for compensation:
- By gathering evidence through photos or the accident scene and damages to any vehicles involved
- By obtaining video surveillance cameras footage
- By gathering eyewitness testimony
- By investigating the accident scene
- By gathering police reports
- By obtaining all medical records and bills
- By speaking with treating physicians
- By interviewing the drivers involved in the accident
- By having the accident recreated if necessary
Taking the time to choose the correct and best motorcycle accident lawyer in Miami is fundamental for a successful outcome when seeking compensation for injuries, medical bills, and losses. That’s why Jonathan Perazzo urges you to see our Google Reviews to read what our clients say about our services. At the Perazzo Law Firm, our entire staff is fully-dedicated to making sure every aspect of the case is taken into account before agreeing on a settlement.
Motorcycle Riding Facts by a Miami motorcycle accident lawyer
Given that motorcycles are quite smaller than cars and practically go unnoticed on avenues, streets, and highways, they don’t get the respect they deserve. Thus, they are prone to falling victim to negligent drivers. Motorcycle riders are commonly cut off, ran into, or fall victim to motorists making unexpected U-turns. Sadly, Florida ranks #1 when it comes to motorcycle accidents and deaths, with close to 520 fatal accidents in 2020. Since Florida has good year-round weather, motorcycle riders can enjoy the many attractions the State has to offer.
The most common reasons why motorcycle riders suffer accidents and injuries:
- Excess speed
- Operating under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Careless riding
- Not wearing a helmet
- Poor motorcycle maintenance
- Vehicle doors open without checking if safe to do so
- U-turns by motorists
- Negligent cellphone use – this includes riders and drivers
- Riding in vehicle blind spots
- Bad weather conditions
- Debris on roadways
- Poor road conditions – potholes, ditches, unannounced speed bumps or dips
- Distracted or disoriented tourists behind the wheel of rented vehicles
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the statute of Limitations for filing an accident claim?
After a motorcycle rider is involved in an accident and suffers injury, the statute of limitations for filing an insurance claim through a lawsuit depends on certain factors concerning the accident and those involved. According to Florida Law, there are three main statutes that come into play following a motorcycle accident.
Filing an insurance claim against an At-Fault driver or Registered vehicle owner
There is a four-year-statute of limitations for filing suit against an at-fault driver or vehicle owner. During this four-year-period, the injured motorcycle rider or passenger may file an insurance claim for compensation through a Miami personal injury lawyer, who will fight to obtain a settlement that best suits the motorcycle accident victim/s or family members in the event of wrongful death.
Filing an insurance claim against an Uninsured Motorist
There are thousands of uninsured motorists on Florida streets, avenues, and highways. Most times it’s because they can not afford to purchase the minimum PIP (Personal Injury Protection) coverage, which is mandatory for all registered vehicle owners in Florida. When an uninsured motorist is found at fault for a motorcycle accident, the accident victim has five years to file a lawsuit and seek compensation through an insurance claim. This must be done, to ensure a successful claim, through an experienced and dedicated personal injury lawyer.
Filing an insurance claim when the motorcycle accident ends in wrongful death
Sadly, as stated above, Florida leads the country in the number of fatal motorcycle accidents and when a motorcycle rider dies in the accident, a family member or another legitimate third-party can hire a personal injury lawyer and file suit within two years of the motorcycle accident victim’s death.
How Much is a motorcycle accident Insurance Claim worth?
Sadly, there exist biased perspectives concerning motorcycle riders involved or injured in motorcycle accidents. This sad fact usually makes it somewhat complicated for the motorcycle accident victim to receive just compensation to cover medical expenses and/or losses as the motorcycle rider is usually considered somehow at fault. The Miami motorcycle accident lawyers at the Perazzo Law Firm understand that insurance providers and adjusters will result to the common practice of claiming that the motorcycle accident victim had, at some point, already been involved in an accident and that his/her injuries are preexisting. In the event of a motorcycle accident that ends in fatality, the rider will most often be held at fault for riding in a negligent manner. This action by insurance adjusters attempts to delete liability or lower the compensation owed to the motorcycle accident victim by the at-fault drivers insurance provider.
Motorcycle accident victims are usually easily persuaded by insurance companies and their adjusters to accept settlements which are lower than they should be or fall short of covering their medical expenses. The Miami motorcycle lawyers in Miami understand this to be a common practice and victims needs to be sure to hire a lawyer that will fight for the maximum compensation possible so that the motorcycle accident victim can obtain the medical care he/she deserves following the accident.
MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT PREVENTION TIPS
Avoid swerving or zig-zagging in-between cars, especially when traffic is slowed. Many times, drivers will make sudden lane changes without checking for oncoming traffic. Many times they do check for oncoming traffic but fail to notice a motorcycle rider, as motorcycles are much tougher to spot at a quick glance.
- Avoid riding at high speeds when traffic is heavy.
- Take extra precautions when riding under poor weather conditions
- Keep your eyes on the road ahead, especially in areas where there is construction work being carried out. Many times, there is debris which can lead to an accident.
- Never use your cellphone while in motion. If necessary, pull over when safe to do so and then use your cellphone.
- Always make sure your motorcycle is in satisfactory condition and road worthy.
- Do not ride your motorcycle while under the influence of narcotics or alcohol. This may jeopardize a successful insurance claim for compensation.
- Proceed with caution in poorly lit areas and if possible, use reflective gear to enhance being seen by motorists.
Being involved in a motorcycle accident can be a devastating experience. The Miami motorcycle accident lawyers at the Perazzo Law Firm are aware of how difficult it can be to cope with the medical and legal matters that motorcycle accidents involve. Trying to overcome the legal matters can sometime influence the physical recovery of the motorcycle accident victim. Thus, when a motorcycle accident victim can focus on his/her recovery, and not have to worry about the legal aspects of a lawsuit, the chances of a favorable outcome improve greatly.
If you, a friend, or relative has been involved or injured in a motorcycle accident in Miami-Dade, Broward, or Orange County, contact the Miami motorcycle accident lawyers at the Perazzo Law Firm for a FREE initial consultation to discuss a possible insurance claim for compensation to cover medical expenses, lost wages, or other losses. The Perazzo Law Firm offers its clients ZERO OUT-OF-POCKET FEES until a settlement that best favors their client is achieved.
ATENDEMOS CON ORGULLO A LA COMUNIDAD HISPANA
THE PERAZZO LAW FIRM – DEDICATED TO PUTTING YOUR INTERESTS FIRST!