In Miami, the Perazzo Law Firm shares SEVEN basic safety tips for staying safe during an Uber or Lyft ride.
Uber / Lyft Safety tips by the Perazzo Law Firm:
- Check the driver’s details: Before getting into an Uber or Lyft, make sure that the driver’s details match the information provided in the app. Check the driver’s name, photo, and car model and license plate number.
- Share your ride details: Share your ride details with a friend or family member before you get in the car. You can use the “Share Status” feature in the Uber / Lyft app to share your location and ride details with your loved ones.
- Sit in the back seat: When you get in the car, sit in the back seat instead of the front seat. This can give you more space and a better view of the driver.
- Wear your seatbelt: Always wear your seatbelt during the ride. This can help protect you in case of an accident.
- Be aware of your surroundings: Pay attention to your surroundings during the ride. If you feel uncomfortable or unsafe, you can ask the driver to stop the car and let you out.
- Don’t share personal information: Avoid sharing personal information like your phone number, email address, or social media handles with the driver.
- Use the in-app safety features: The Uber / Lyft app has a number of safety features, including an emergency button and a “Share Status” feature that allows you to share your ride details with loved ones. Make sure to use these features if you feel unsafe or uncomfortable during the ride.
The Perazzo Law Firm has represented a vast number of clients that suffered personal injury in Uber and Lyft accidents.
If you’re involved in an accident while riding in an Uber or Lyft, here are some steps you should take:
- Seek medical attention: If you or anyone else is injured in the accident, seek medical attention immediately. Call 911 or ask someone else to call for you.
- Check on others involved: If there are other people involved in the accident, check on their condition and exchange contact and insurance information with them.
- Report the accident: Report the accident to Uber or Lyft as soon as possible through the app or website. They have specific procedures for handling accidents involving their drivers and vehicles.
- Take photos and gather information: Take photos of the accident scene, including the damage to the vehicles involved. Also, gather the driver’s name, license plate number, insurance information, and any witness contact information.
- Contact an attorney: Consider contacting an attorney who specializes in Uber or Lyft accidents to help protect your legal rights and ensure you receive fair compensation for any injuries or damages.
- Follow up with your doctor: Follow up with your doctor after the accident, even if you initially declined medical attention. Some injuries may not be immediately apparent and can worsen over time.
- Cooperate with insurance companies: Cooperate with insurance companies but do not give any recorded statements or sign any documents without consulting an attorney first.
Remember, it’s important to prioritize your health and safety after an accident. Take the necessary steps to ensure you receive proper medical attention and get legal support by contacting the Perazzo Law Firm ONLINE for a FREE initial consultation.