IN MIAMI, THE PERSONAL INJURY STAFF AT THE PERAZZO LAW FIRM SHARES INSIGHT ON WHAT PASSENGERS INVOLVED IN MOTOR VEHICLE ACCIDENTS SHOULD DO AFTER A COLLISION, REGARDLESS OF FAULT.
Following a traffic accident, passengers may sometimes not know what to do. In Miami, the Personal Injury Lawyers that specialize in motor vehicle accidents, always consider it best to seek a FREE initial consultation and the best advice on how to proceed. After an accident, even a minor collision, passengers may sustain injuries, some of which may go unnoticed at first, but that may begin to manifest themselves sometime after the accident. Throughout Miami-Dade, Broward, and Orange County, the accident attorneys at the Perazzo Law Firm inform drivers, as well as passengers, that all registered motor vehicle owners are compelled to carry PIP (Personal Injury Protection), with which to cover personal injury for as much as $10,000 in medical expenses (See PIP Insurance).
What to do after an accident if you are a passenger:
- Firstly, passengers involved in accidents should check and report any pain or evident injuries to the authorities once the driver has notified them of the accident or arrived at the scene. Have the driver request an ambulance in the event of bleeding or excruciating pain. If the driver is unavailable to call the police due to severe injuries, contact the authorities yourself or have someone report the accident for you.
- Secondly, if possible, try to gather eye-witness testimony of the accident and request a copy of each driver’s insurance policy information, unless the driver of the vehicle in which you were a passenger is a family member. This is important because, as a passenger, you are covered in the event of injuries in an accident by both your driver’s insurance and the insurance coverage pertaining to the other driver/s involved in the accident. For example, if three cars were involved in the accident, all three vehicle’s insurance policies would have to provide compensation for your injuries or losses. This important because many drivers are underinsured or carry no insurance at all. Thus, it is important to get as much information as possible about the accident and that of the vehicles involved.
- Thirdly, contacting a car accident lawyer at the Perazzo Law Firm for a FREE initial consultation is highly recommended in the event that you, as a passenger, has suffered bodily harm that requires medical care, which can be very costly, even to treat minor injuries (See Common Car Accident Injuries).
What are some of the most common injuries that passengers suffer after an accident?
The Perazzo Law Firm’s experience handling accident claims shows that the most common injuries are the following:
- Head injuries – bumps, bruises, cuts, brain trauma
- Neck injuries – Cervicalgia, herniated discs, bulged discs
- Shoulder injuries – Radiculopathy, strained muscles or tendons
- Arm and hand injuries – breaks, bruises, cuts, fractures
- Back injuries – Lumbago, herniated discs or disc bulge
- Hip injuries – bruises, breaks, or fractures
- Leg and foot injuries – bruises, breaks, or fractures
Any of the above accident injuries suffered by a passenger requires a medical evaluation and follow-up care. Sadly, the cost of quality medical care to treat minor injuries can range from $5000-$30,000, depending on whether physical rehabilitation or injection therapy is required. In the event of personal injury car accidents that require surgical intervention, costs could surpass $100K. That is why, the advice of an experienced personal injury lawyer at the Perazzo Law Firm is a must after an accident involving passengers and injuries.
Contact the Perazzo Law Firm ONLINE or CALL (786) LAWS-411 for a FREE initial consultation and ZERO OUT-OF-POCKET FEES to our personal injury clients.
THE PERAZZO LAW FIRM – DEDICATED TO PUTTING YOUR INTERESTS FIRST!
Atendemos con orgullo a la Comunidad Hispana