IN MIAMI, THE PERAZZO LAW FIRM PERSONAL INJURY STAFF AND ATTORNEYS SHARES INSIGHT ON PREVENTIVE MEASURES FOR MIAMI-DADE AND BROWARD COUNTY RESIDENTS
The Perazzo Law Firm Shares Information for Preventing and Dealing With the COVID-19 Pandemic
BASIC INFORMATION ABOUT COVID-19 AND HOW IT SPREADS
THE USE OF FACIAL COVERINGS
- Children under two years of age
- People with respiratory difficulties or medical conditions such as emphysema
- People who have lost consciousness
- People who have limited mobility and are unable to remove a facial covering
PROPER PROCEDURES USING FACIAL COVERINGS
- Make sure your hands are sanitized before touching your mask
- Make sure it is snug over your mouth, nose, and side of your face. Avoid leaving gaps where droplets may enter your nose or mouth. Thus, get a facial covering that fits snugly over your face.
- Allow air to enter freely without having to emit force to breathe
- Refrain from taking off the face covering when in public
- Do not place the facial covering on your chin or forehead while in public or after being in a public setting. Why? Because Droplets may have made their way onto your forehead and if you place it over your forehead and back on other your mouth and nose, may lead to becoming infected with COVID-19.
- When removing your facial covering, do not touch the part of the mask that covers your mouth and nose. Take the mask by the ear straps and proceed with the cleansing procedure. Once removed, fold the mask, and place it in a plastic bag until it’s time to clean it (see below cleaning and disinfecting your cloth facial covering).
- Wash your hands and use hand sanitizer immediately after removing your cloth facial covering.
PROPER CLEANING AND DISINFECTING OF CLOTH FACIAL COVERINGS
- Wash after each use.
- Place the used facial covering in the washer adding regular laundry detergents and using warm water.
- When washing by hand, you can use a bleach solution consisting of five tablespoons of disinfection bleach per gallon of water or four teaspoons per quart of water. Make sure the bleach has not surpassed its expiration date.
- Soak the facial covering in the bleach/water solution between 5-7 minutes then rinse well with cool water.
- Once cleaned and disinfected, place in dryer or let dry in the sun.
THE USE OF GLOVES TO PREVENT THE SPREAD OF COVID-19
PROPER CLEANING PROCEDURES FOR PREVENTING COVID-19
Keeping COVID-19 off surfaces and objects is an important part of prevention and in the best interest of individuals and business alike. After visiting a public commercial establishment, footwear should be sanitized and preferably left outside of the house. Footwear be sanitized following the disinfecting procedures mentioned above. The Perazzo Law Firm suggests not wearing the same clothes with which you do essential shopping or that you wear in public settings within the house. COVID-19 is said to hide within material fibers such as wool. Walking surfaces in and around the home should be cleaned regularly and interior spaces well ventilated. The use of gloves is highly recommended when handling cleaning products such as bleach or other detergents.
Steps to follow for proper cleaning procedures:
- Implement the use of gloves, either reusable or disposable
- Apply soap and water prior to applying the use of detergent
- Apply bleach – water solution to eliminate germs. Four teaspoons of bleach for every quart of water.
- Clean frequented walking surfaces regularly. These include hallways, outdoor walkways, garages entrances, bathrooms, and kitchens.
- Objects that are handled regularly such as doorknobs, cell phone screens, faucets and other, should be disinfected extensively using an alcohol/water-based solution to prevent the spread of germs and bacteria.
- Allow for disinfecting solutions to remain of surfaces for at least 2 minutes before removing. This will help kill germs more effectively and help to keep you and your family healthy amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Ventilate disinfected areas well if possible, to prevent dizziness from strong odors or vapors.
- To avoid cleaning products getting in your eyes from possible accidental splashing, the use of safety goggles is recommended to prevent personal injury.
- Keep cleaning products such as detergents, used mops, or other disinfecting products stored and away from children or pets.
- Wash your hands thoroughly after handling detergents or bleach.
- When doing laundry, do not shake any worn clothes, used facial coverings, dirty sheets, or other items.
- The use of gloves is highly recommended when caring for linens or items used by a COVID-19 patient.
- Do your laundry using warm water.
SOCIAL DISTANCING GUIDELINES TO ENFORCE
According to the CDC, making sure people in social and public settings stay the recommended 6-feet from each other is not as easy as it seems. Nobody is walking around with a six-foot pole to keep people away. However, the distance between others within public spaces should be respected and applied by business operators welcoming customers. Thus, commercial areas such as check-out counters should bear proper signalling and sign posting reminded customers to respect the 6-feet safety distance.
STAYING FIT AND HEALTHY, BOTH PHYSICALLY AND MENTALLY
Modern civilization is not used to being confined indoors for extended periods of time such as those imposed by the coronavirus pandemic. This kind of confinement and isolation from society can result in physical of mental trauma. Physical activity is an important part of being healthy and socializing a huge part of being civil. When people do not get any exercise and don’t have much human contact, their bodies and minds may begin to suffer, perhaps unknowingly. The personal injury staff at the Perazzo Law Firm understands how important it is for Miami residents to carry on with the lives amid a seemingly eternal pandemic. However, people must try to stay fit by doing regular indoor/outdoor exercises and eating healthy. Those with limited interior spaces can opt for exercise routines which require little room. YouTube and social media are a recommended source for exercise videos and routines to help stay fit during the coronavirus times.
Household members should also refrain from going outdoors to shop or visit public places unless necessary. Many people feel the need to get out of the house to buy something they may not really need. This stems basically from a sense of desperation for freedom that comes from extensive confinement.
Tips for successful confinement during COVID-19 lock-down:
- Set up an exercise routine you can do at home.
- Create a menu of healthy foods and follow a healthy diet
- Avoid long hours in front of computer screens
- Avoid using your cell phones or tablets for viewing entertainment for long periods
- Make a full list of the things you need to buy when you go shopping to avoid numerous trips to markets, pharmacies, or other essential businesses
- Avoid self-medication and seek professional medical advice if needed
In Miami and North Miami Beach, the Perazzo Law Firm staff and attorneys hope you and your loved-ones stay safe throughout the coronavirus pandemic by being responsible and avoiding negligent acts that may cause others harm.
THE PERAZZO LAW FIRM – DEDICATED TO PUTTING YOUR INTERESTS FIRST!
OFFICES IN MIAMI-DADE