THE PERAZZO LAW FIRM SHEDS LIGHT ON SLIP & FALL ACCIDENTS IN MIAMI
Slip and Fall accidents encompass a special area of law governing situations where an individual suffers bodily harm while on the property of another business or indivdual. Slip and fall law falls under the category of Personal Injury law governed by the standards of negligence and premises liabiliy.
Slip and fall accidents in Miami can occur on almost any walking surface, from a sidewalk to the aisle of your favorite supermarket. One of the more difficult aspects of slip and fall cases is proving how the business owner or operator of the location where the injury occurred was negligent and responsible for injuries to the slip & fall accident victim.
As a victim of a slip and fall, you are allowed to gather evidence through discovery and depositions. Discovery is an evidence gathering process during litigation, allowing the plaintiff to a lawsuit what the defendant knew of the dangerous condition. Through discovery, you may be able to gather the surveillance footage, documentation evidencing prior slip and falls. Moreover, discovery allows for the plaintiff in a personal injury lawsuit to depose the individual defendant or a representative of a defendant. Frequently the insurance company will defend the owner or the operator of the premises where the injury occurred. Typically, the defendant will place blame or a portion of the blame on the victim of the slip and fall. The defendant may suggest the victim was careless in not paying attention to the surrounding or taking a known risk resulting in an injury where one could have been avoided.
At The Perazzo Law Firm, we pride ourselves in representing the people of Florida and their families that have fallen victim to a slip and fall accident in Miami. Our personal injury staff of lawyers and slip and fall professionals, will always put our clients’ needs at the forefront of the fight against the insurance provider representing the business operator or individual found at fault for the slip and fall accident.
SOME COMMON SLIP AND FALL SITUATIONS AND LOCATIONS
Slip and Falls accidents can occur on walking surfaces located in a number of places. Some of these places may include:
- Steps and Staircases: sometimes they may be slippery, soiled, poorly lit, built unevenly, lacking bannisters.
- Ramps: they may be soiled, poorly designed or lit. They may also be lacking a handrail.
- Store aisles: sometimes other shoppers may drop goods and slippery elements such as liquids, oils, or other substances may lead to a slip and fall incident. Business operators are responsible for making sure supermarket walking areas remain free of substances that may cause a slip and fall accident.
- Parking lots: poor lighting and uneven or broken walking areas may cause an individual to not be able to detect obstacles which may lead to a slip and fall accident.
- Elevators and Escalators: the metal surfaces can result dangerous for those with difficulty detecting the moment to get on or off.
- Selling Spaces: businesses that sell goods may inadvertingly place objects that can obstruct visitors with limited eyesight or movement.
The Perazzo Law Firm has served a number of slip and fall accident claims in Miami-Dade and Broward. Thus, our insight gives our attorneys an advantage when seeking compensation for our slip and fall clients. Whether you seek compensation for injuries, fighting for justice for wrongful arrest or looking for a home, you can rest assured our lawyers will be there for you.
For further information regarding slip and fall injuries, visit our previous post by clicking here.
If you or a loved one has suffered an injury, we encourage you to call us at 786 LAWS-411 (786-529-7411) to set up a FREE initial consultation to discuss your legal rights.