Year-End Festivities and Staying Safe
New Year’s Eve and the celebrations that accompany it span the entire globe and just like almost every major city; Miami residents and visitors will be bidding farewell to another year while welcoming the start of another. Unfortunately, New Year’s Eve festivities can sometimes get out of hand and celebration can turn to tragedy when negligence takes hold of a situation. The Perazzo Law Firm understands that one such act of negligence and perhaps the most common is driving while under the influence of alcohol or narcotics. Driving drunk or while intoxicated can lead to reckless driving, which in turn has the potential for tragedy behind the wheel. In order to stay safe and avoid an accident behind the wheel, the Perazzo Law Firm recommends that motorists opt for ride share services like Uber or Lyft. However, it is important to make sure that the Uber or Lyft driver is sober, and he/she is in fact the driver that appears on the rideshare app. The Perazzo Law Firm recommends that pedestrians take extra precautions when crossing at intersections or even when waiting to cross at a street corner. With regards to bicycle riders, the Perazzo Law Firm suggests they avoid riding in poorly lit areas and if possible, wear reflective or bright colored clothing. Riding in dark areas and wearing dark clothing makes it hard for drunk drivers to see them and this increases the chances of falling victim to reckless driving and negligence. When it comes to premises liability, bars, nightclubs and other public or private establishment owners and operators also need to take certain precautions to avoid New Year’s Eve ending in tragedy. Bar owners or operators need to take measures to make sure their patrons exit their establishments safely. For instance, a bartender should know when to stop serving a customer drinks that contain alcohol if that person is already in a state of drunkenness. Negligence on behalf of an establishment that serves alcohol can include allowing a customer to get behind the wheel of motor vehicle. In this case, measures should be taken to hire a rideshare service to safely take the intoxicated patron to where they need to go. In all, the Perazzo Law Firm suggests that individuals proceed into the new year with care and avoid acts of negligence that can end in an undesirable manner.
WHAT TO DO IN THE EVENT OF A CAR ACCIDENT
In Miami, the Perazzo Law Firm staff of car accident attorneys recommends the following after an accident:
- Do not give a statement.
- Do not move or let anyone move you, or your car, unless there is a threat of further injury. Wait for the paramedics and the police.
- Seek medical care and give a complete description of all injuries immediately following the car accident.
- If no injuries are evident, take pictures of all damage to the vehicles involved in the car accident (and photograph the VIN and license plate for identification)
- Take pictures of injuries (all cuts, bruises, wounds, burns or other injuries no matter how small as the insurance company may dispute that a specific part of the body was injured or affected by the accident later on.
- Gather all of the automobile insurance policies in your household and Group Health Insurance information to assist with the processing of payment for your treatment and lost wages while your claim against the negligent party is ongoing.
- Notify your insurance company of the accident (your auto insurance policy requires that you contact them immediately after the accident and failure to do so may jeopardize your coverage).
- Visit your family doctor for a follow-up.
- Contact the Perazzo Law Firm as soon as possible.
WHAT TO DO IN THE EVENT OF AN UBER OR LYFT ACCIDENT:
Our experienced Uber Accident legal staff at our Miami and North Miami Beach offices recommend that passengers, as well as third party accident victims, following the ten steps below after an accident involving Uber or Lyft:
- Stay calm.
- Attend to any serious injuries immediately by having someone contact the proper authorities.
- If not seriously hurt in the Uber or Lyft accident, take a screenshot of the ride information such as; time, pick-up point, and destination.
- Take down the exact location of where the Uber/Lyft accident occurred.
- Gather testimony and the contact information of bystanders that witnessed the Uber or Lyft accident.
- Contact the authorities to report the rideshare incident.
- If possible, take photos of the Uber/Lyft accident scene and damage to vehicles, property, etc.
- Seek medical attention to rule out internal bodily damage such as head or back injuries.
- Keep all medical records and get copies of police reports pertinent to the Uber/ Lyft accident.
- Consult a Perazzo Law Firm Personal Injury Lawyer to serve Uber/Lyft accident claims for compensation.
IF YOU, A FRIEND OR RELATIVE HAS BEEN INJURED AS A RESULT OF ANOTHER’S NEGLIGENCE, CONTACT THE PERAZZO LAW FIRM ONLINE OR CALL 888-PERAZZO FOR A FREE INITIAL CONSULTATION AND ZERO-OUT-OF-POCKET FEES TO CLIENTS.
THE PERAZZO LAW FIRM – DEDICATED TO PUTTING YOUR INTERESTS FIRST, ALWAYS!