The Perazzo Law Firm Serves Car Accident Victims on Miami-Dade Roadways
State Road 826, also known as the Palmetto Expressway, stretches thirty miles through the greater Miami area starting in Kendall and passing through cities such as Hialeah, Doral, and others until reaching the shores of North Miami Beach. The Palmetto Expressway has a heavy flow of traffic with the most congested areas being those near Miami International Airport and intersections leading into and from US1 and interstate 95.
This past Monday morning, a state trooper traveling Northbound on the Palmetto Expressway mysteriously flipped over at the NW 58th Avenue and shut down traffic for hours. The Florida Highway Patrol officials that arrived to the scene reported that the trooper suffered minor injuries and that he was wearing his seatbelt when his police vehicle flipped out of control. The authorities are trying to determine if another vehicle was involved in the roll-over accident on the Palmetto Expressway.
Perazzo Law Shares Best Advice for Dealing with Highway and Roadway Accidents in and around Miami-Dade
Even though the Florida Highway Patrol is most often quick to respond to car accidents that take place on Miami Highways, immediate action must be taken by either the driver of the vehicle involved in the accident or any passengers or bystanders.
Steps to Take After a Highway Accident
- Switch on the hazard lights and proceed to report the incident immediately
- Make sure to notify the authorities of any injured parties.
- Do not move an injured person. Moving an accident victim may lead to further injury.
- Exit the vehicle and proceed to a safe place, either off the Miami street or highway shoulder.
- Take photos of the accident scene when safe to do so and ask any witnesses for their contact information in the event of any future legal claims involving insurance companies.
- Exchange the appropriate information such as vehicle registration, driver’s license, and insurance policy information when safe to do so after the accident.
When to hire a Personal Injury Lawyer following a Car Accident on a Miami Highway
Motorists and passengers should contact a Perazzo Law Personal Injury Lawyer immediately after the police file their report and any injuries that require immediate attention are attended to. Furthermore, we advise Miami accident victims to seek representation in the event that the other party involved in the accident hires a personal injury lawyer to seek compensation for personal injuries or property damage; either privately or through their insurance provider.
THE PERAZZO LAW FIRM – DEDICATED TO PUTTING YOUR INTERESTS FIRST
SE HABLA ESPAÑOL